Sunday, October 01, 2006

Time for a new computer

So i broke down today and i bought a new computer. Well it is going to replace my current first generation Mac Mini G4 1.42 Ghz. Basically i found myself pretty much waiting 60% of the time instead of programming. Just having Eclipse, Photoshop, Apache, Firefox and iTunes open grinds this little machine to a halt. My solution yesterday was to just remote into my work machine and do all my work on that, it worked well but it is not a permanent solution. With my mom getting a new 20" iMac and the new Intel chips smoking the pants off the PowerPC chips i needed to upgrade. Also this will allow me to get rid of my Windows box for good, i will be running Parallels for any future Windows needs. The setup i ordered is not like super awesome impressive but it will do for now.
Mac Mini
1.83GHz Intel Core Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM-2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA drive
SuperDrive 8x

A MacPro and a Mac Book Pro is on my wish list but not essential at this point. Once my current project which is a total back/front end re-development of their current architecture gets up and running ill need a more robust environment.

If anyone is interested i am selling my windows box, currently i am not selling the monitors (two 19" BenQ flat panels) but i will consider it if someone is interested, here is the setup:
AMD Athlon 3200+
512 Mb PC-3200
160 Gig, 2 SATA 150 drives in RAID-0
Nvidia Geforce FX 5700 Ultra
DVD-Rom
DVD-Burner DL 8x

No comments: